The curling wand has become quite the popular tool and I finally got myself one! Have you heard of them? It's a curling iron without the clamp. To use it, you wrap the hair around the barrel with you fingers. Before I was just using my regular curling to "wrap curl" my hair, but it would leave creases from the clamp line. I got the Enzo Milano (31MM 1 1.4" barrel) clamp-less curling iron and LOVE it. The curls look better and the wand is much lighter. Using the curling wand is pretty easy. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when using:
- Take a 2 inch sections to curl.
- Wrap hair around barrel away from face (another option is to switch every other wrap curl away from face and toward face)
- Hold for 8-10 seconds and release it carefully and let sit.
- Continue to do this to entire head of hair.
- After curls have had time to sit, run your fingers to break up the curls and loosen them up.
- Finish with hair spray to hold curls.
- Use a smaller barrel for smaller curls or shorter hair
Let me know if you have any questions and happy curling!